Thursday, August 30, 2007

strange reactions

people all have very different reactions to my buy nothing year. some think its great and have done similar things themselves. some are surprised but they seem to see where i am coming from. some look at me like i have grown an extra head and that i must have stopped taking my meds.
But some people have reacted as though i am doing something deviant and WRONG. like i have said that i will kick small dogs for a year or won't call my mother for a year.
I admit that what i am doing is not the norm. it is not even close to the norm, but it does trouble me the trouble some people have with the idea.

There are many common questions that people ask. some i can answer some i can't yet.
  1. why? ( see last 2 blog entries)
  2. can you buy underwear? -if i were to truely need it, but i own alot of underoos.
  3. what will you eat? - food. i can still buy food, just not restaurant or premade processed stuff.
  4. what will you do with the money? not sure yet... mortgage and vacation?

There are others but that is the general theme...

TOnight i did some stock up shopping of a frivilous nature. I bought make up and ate sushi. I did make sure i bought make-up that was not animal tested. the sushi was very good.

I will not miss the mall! and i realised that i will not have to set foot in oneo ver christmas! Weeeeeeeeeee!

3 comments:

That Ali Bell said...

Sounds like sheer bliss to me....

Erin said...

You are welcome to join me!

klowvah said...

Erin Darling!!!

I really hope my intial reaction didnt give you the wrong idea. I would not say that my reaction when you told me was "why?" but more a "how" which actually speak volumes about what you are going to do. I think this is a fascniating self journey and I really respect and admire what you are going to do!

If anyone I know can do it, it will be you. But does this mean we are putting Vegas with our moms off until at least Oct next year? haha!