Saturday, September 8, 2007

Border Defense & the Bus.

Please note that there are 2 cats in my living room...

i am sitting listening to CBC radio and finishing off the final touches on a shower gift. The program is discussing the dispute over northern waters between Canada, USA, Russia, Denmark & Norway.
This is very ironic. The dog has left my house and gone back to Edmonton with the last room-mate Michelle. Since Jessie's (the dog) departure the cats have been renegotiating the household boundaries. While the dog was here, she shared the main floor and Michelle's room with Hussy. Hussy is the younger and more recent house cat. Jessie and Hussy got along quite well... they fought but they liked it. Truro, my older vetran house cat was less fond of the dog. When Jessie moved in, Truro basically moved into my room and that became her primary residence. She stayed in there for about 4 months.
Truro has now begun forging her way back onto the main floor. This morning she staked a claim to the couch and my lap as i was whipping yarn through the crochet hook. She would sit on my lap and hiss and growl at Hussy, all the while happily needing the house-coat draped accross my lap.
I don't think there is a UN convention to use as a guideline so I guess I will just have to default to what ever the cats decide. Currently they are just feet apart, and i think Hussy is beginning to relinquish territory.
I will try not to alienate either party. Angry cats can mean bad things for their human families... Thinking of it i should make sure the litter boxes are very clean.

This afternoon there is an Art installation in the garages of the near-by Cathedral neighbourhood. I will check it out after I finish the crazy shower gift and before attending that excellent event. Yay free events! Yay shower games!

Yesterday I took the bus to work for the 1st time. This may sound like a lie, or crazy or something, but i really like the bus. I got a few rows done on the caplet (now finished... pictures pending) got to listen to a lovely conversation between to south american women in spanish. I had a delightful exchange with the bus driver, and had this weird zen feeling of quiet in city noise. As soon as i got on the bus I felt better. I know this seems weird but i think i missed the bus.

Cheers!

No comments: