Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not Buying Much!

I have been away from home on business and pleasure since last Wednesday. I feel a bit conflicted that i have been eating out during this time, but have not had regular access to a kitchen or fridge. Halifax was a great whirl wind of visiting and catching up with old friends, Not enough time!
I am now in London waiting for the Natural History Museum to open. so far the only money i have spent is on a travel pass for the trains and underground and some eats. Things are expensive here but not bad so far. Yesterday VĂ©ro met me at the airport and we wandered the city, going to brick lane to eat curry and window shop. saw a number of cute coats and jackets that i may attempt to recreate when i get home.
I guess this should not be a surprise, but i don;t really feel like i am in a foreign country let alone on another continent! aside from having to pay to use a public toilet that is! That and trying to train myself to look the correct direction for cars!
The hostel has been great so far. the rooms are clean and quiet and the staff very helpful, except for the fact that i couldn't use the Scottish pounds that Michelle gave me to use! The bank exchanged them happily and using them for the tube was fine too.
Well the museum should open in a few minutes. more non-shopping news to follow!
E

No comments: