Monday, October 29, 2007

Tarantulove

This weekend i went with Amy to the Exoctic Animal and Bird Auction...

There were ducks and geese and fowl of every colour and flavour. Many Fancy Chickens.
Many ornery rural folk, who steel seets, and generally act like jerks. Karma on them!

Amy Fell in love with a pair of Blue-eyed white geese that she would like to have living in her back yard. I convinced her to find out who brought them, and make sure that she was ready to recieve them before welcoming a pair home. I know she wishes she had brought them home with her. and they were very cute and seemed to like having their heads scritched.

There were many types of bunnies, chinchilas, and other soft pets like munchkin cats( they have short legs like a wiener dog)

There were tropical fish and budgies, and cockateals. There were hamsters, and rats and a hedgehog.
I wish that I could have bottled the feeling in the air in that place. Not because it was pleasant, but because it was CRAZY! The auctioneer rattles on like any auctioneer would, except that he is looking for bidders on a rare kind of lop-eared rabbit and not on a holstien heffer or a sweet Datsun. :)

And they had tarantulas. 2 of them. Striped kneed tarantulas.
One of the species that i handled when i volunteered at the BUG-ROOM in Edmonton.
and as I sat there the bidding started at $50...
No Takers.
No Takers.
No Takers.
...and ended up and $10 and still no-one was bidding... I guess farmers don't want spiders.
and so i bid... ended up with both for 15$.
so now i have 2 spiders.
And i know i have a few friends who will not want to visit me now... I am sorry! But they had no home! No Tarantulove at all! Because i love you phobes i have posted no pictures, and Amy said she would take them if people were scared to visit...
I have given them names based on their female gender and their stripy legs...
The big one is Raggedy Anne and the smaller one is Pippy Long-Stockings, Pippy for short...
I played them Tarantulove, by Mister Workman so they would feel at home, but think they are more into hip hop cause they didn't dance at all....
And after looking up their care on the internet it seems that i will have to turn up the heat in my house, as 16C is not warm enough for them... My sister will shake her head that i froze her all winter and a spider makes me turn up the heat. Funny.





No comments: