Friday, October 26, 2007

Why is there Air? A night with Bill Cosby!

So for my October Cultrual Event i bought a ticket for Bill Cosby at the casina. Bought it this afternoon after work, they released a few more tickets today. I had been disappointed that it was sold out when i 1st got back from london. but thought it was worth a try to try teh same day. I got two great tickets for my friend Alexia and I. Quite close to the front at a table.

Throughout the show i had to keep reminding myself that i was actually in the room with him.

I guess i should explain why Bill Cosby is such a big deal to me. since i was a kid we had bill cosby comedy records. I had thema l memorized. I would put the records on and laugh and laugh,,, " the aliens came down out of the sky and gave me a chicket" was a favourite. I am sure many of my friends also are familiar with these skits as i often imposed this good time on them. My parents had 3 or4 of his records, and then as a teen i discovered the beauty of used records stores and became a real collector. I probably have at least 10 of his records. They all make me laugh out loud. They have always cheered me up when i was blue.

When My X and I split up, and I dropped him off at the airport. I was the instigator and the break up was the right thing for the both of us, but still after spending 6 years together you can't help but be sad... But on the way home I listened to Bill all the way.It was a great sound track for my maiden voyage driving standard, and being single. I laughed and felt better.

I think of the few celebrities that i would like to meet and I think the Cos and Mr Dress Up are the 2 that have been with me long enough that they are part of who i am.

My many friends that are often sighing about my odd sense of humour probably can blame part of it on Bill.

shall i recap?( sorry of this means nothing but if it means nothing go catch up on your cosby comedy)

"Did you kill a roach today?" " Yah I killed a roach today" and there we were. Walking to the dump.

"The glazed donut moster"

" My uncle walter, died of a haht attack." "What? Some hats jumped on him and attacked him?" " no his haht. his hat attacked him" (haht=heart with 'merican accent)

"My friend lent me a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon. a volkswagon..."( here's where our record skipped)

So after many great skits this evening on subjects ranging from the roughriders. to husbands and wives, to our small town of Regina, he makes a remark that makes someone near the front with a remarkable laugh, laugh.

Bill (yah we're on a 1st name basis) says he has to meet this laugh, and then invites her family up to get their picture taken. but they don't have a camera. so he askes who in the audience has a camera.
silence.

So I yell out that i have one, and he says to come on up and take the picture.
so i ran up a few rows and took their picture. Afterwards, one of them gave me their card so that i could email it, and i think, oh too bad no pic for me...

but then he invites me to come and have my picture taken!!!


I GAVE HIM THE BIGGEST HUG!!

I asked him to say "chicklet".. and HE DID.... all of this in the middle of the show!
He thought i wanted him to do the chicket routine, and said "not tonight" which everyone heard and laughed about, but i said nope just the word!... ( my GAWD i am such a nerd) so he said chicklet.
and then off to my seat i went, a twitter like i have not been in ages...
and THEN he did the Dentist routine from the same era of records! About dentists and the giant picks that they jab your cavities with and how the cover up their mistakes by asking you to rinse...
He does an impression of severely frozen mouth that almost had me peeing...
" i don;t have a bottom lip and you want me to spit!" so since you have no bottom lip you just open your mouth and let it all fall out... but there is a line of spit between your bottom lip and that tiny toilet bowl. so you try and shake it off! and it is shaking over here and it is shaking over there. The denstist sees it and says "oh look! a rainbow!" and he sends you a bill for that! making rainbows!"
I have not laughed so hard in sooo long!! ! best cultural event of the buy nothing year EVAH!!!
Dentistssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

No comments: